Bible Studies & Devotionals
From Olive Branch Ministries
By Mark and Tinsley Baker
Get all the Soul Foods online @:http://www.olivebranchministries.us
Do you Think Like Royalty?
Exodus 19: 3-8:"And Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain, saying, "Thus you shall say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel:
4. `You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to Myself.
5. `Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine.
6. `And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.''
7. So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him.
When God had Moses lead the Children of Israel out of bondage in Egypt, He clearly had a plan for them. He planned for the Children of Israel to be an entire nation of priests and a holy nation, to server the rest of mankind. To be the advocate for all the other nations before God. God’s original plan was for everyone of the children, each individual to be able to approach Him, fellowship with Him and talk with Him, and share Him with the rest of the world.
God shared this divine plan with Moses, who came back to the people and shared it with them. The Israelites stood in the presence of God’s messenger and agreed to God’s plan.
It is important for us as believers to understand, we cannot make promises to God rashly. God is not a man that He should lie and He keeps all His promises and His Word. He expects us to do the same!
The problem with the Children of Israel is they could not thinks like a royal priesthood, they continued to live in "slave mentality."
Exodus 19:9-11: "And the Lord said to Moses, "Behold, I come to you in the thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and believe you forever.'' So Moses told the words of the people to the Lord.
10. Then the Lord said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes.
11. "And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people."
God told Moses to prepare the people, to consecrate them, and cleanse them and the third day, bring them into His presence and He would speak to them. This was the big moment.
The time, each individual person, came and heard the voice of their God. What an exciting time, what a wonderful event. But no matter how completely the Children of Israel cleansed and consecrated the outside, they were not changed on the inside and deep in their hearts they did not think like royalty, they thought like slaves, fearful and unworthy.
Deuteronomy. 5:22-27: ""These words the Lord spoke to all your assembly, in the mountain from the midst of the fire, the cloud, and the thick darkness, with a loud voice; and He added no more. And He wrote them on two tablets of stone and gave them to me.
23. "So it was, when you heard the voice from the midst of the darkness, while the mountain was burning with fire, that you came near to me, all the heads of your tribes and your elders.
24. "And you said: `Surely the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire. We have seen this day that God speaks with man; yet he still lives.
25. `Now therefore, why should we die? For this great fire will consume us; if we hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore, then we shall die.
26. `For who is there of all flesh who has heard the voice of the living God speaking from the midst of the fire, as we have, and lived?
The Children of Israel chose to have Moses talk with God and tell them His commandments rather than hearing His voice for themselves. God heard their request and abided by it. But He continued to desire an entire race of royal priests who would seek and find a personal relationship with Him and serve Him willingly and completely.
God sent His son, Jesus to die for us, to bring us back into relationship with Him and restore the personal relationship with each individual He had originally planned.
Romans 8:16-17: " The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17. and if children, then heirs heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together."
When we are born again, we are Children of the most high God, we are joint heirs with Jesus. We are no longer slaves to sin and the world.
Romans 6:6: "knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin."
We are no longer slaves to sin, it is time we rid ourselves of slave mentality and start to think like our Heavenly Father thinks, to see as He sees, to see ourselves redeemed and righteous and no longer slaves to sin!
Not only are we Children of the most High God, we now take our place as royal priests and the holy nation, the children of Israel were called to be!
1 Peter 2:9 "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;"
It is time to stop thinking with the world’s mentality, it is time to stop seeing things the way the world does. Learn what God thinks and train your mind to think like Him.
Romans 12:1-2 "1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
We renew our minds by spending time with God, studying His Word, meditating on it, getting it into our spirit and confessing it over our lives. We spend time with God in prayer taking our needs to Him , but also just worshiping Him and thanking Him for His Goodness and Mercy. God has called us to be royalty, decide now to accept this role He has chosen for you, and walk in your heritage He has provided. Remember:
Romans 8:37: "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us!"
Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you want to be a joint heir with Christ?
If so, I urge you to pray the following prayer.
Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. Your word says, "…and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out." (Jn.6:37),
So I know You won’t cast me out, but You take me in, And I thank you for it. You said in your Word, "whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'' (Ro. 10:13).
I am calling on Your name, So I know You have saved me now, You also said, "…that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation." (Ro.10:9,10).
I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead for my justification. And I confess Him now as my Lord, Because Your Word says, "… with the heart one believes to righteousness…" and I do believe with my heart, I have now become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor. 5:21),
And I am saved! Thank You, Lord!
I can now truthfully say, I see myself as a born again child of God!
Glory to God!!!! Amen.